Monday, March 02, 2009

Update: This is me now

So i've decided to write more in my blog again... It kind of makes me happy. I've updated two blog posts from another blog that i had written. There was some other ranting and ravings but i felt these two posts summed up a lot for me and so I didn't add any others.

The journey I've made that started last June has been an interesting one. Like i said i would, I gave up everything in hopes that i would be free to do anything. I reformatted my hard drive in hopes to put in new programs that i choose. I put an open source OS in cause i wanted to steer away from the major corporation that has us running all of it's name brand associated programs because of the feel of necessity. I pack on all open source programs to do the jobs i want it to, so that i have more freedom to change and adapt as i see fit. I do admit at times i still go back to the use of major corporation software. Not because of the feeling of necessity, but by choice and because at certain times, it has to offer what i have not been able to find in other places. Because of these changes, I am now content with what i run on my hard drive.

But is that good enough?

Yes. It is for me... Right now.

2 comments:

Carson Calderwood said...

Nice, I've done a lot of open source. My practice management program is even open source. Good choice!

Bobby said...

That's awesome. I am still trying to get used to everything, but the more and more i search, i am finding programs that are just as good and help me get the job done. I actually really like the Ubuntu OS. The desktop is so much easier to use and has a lot of cool tricks to it also. Open source is where it's at.