Thursday, November 03, 2005

Is Virginia Really for Lovers?

Well I have moved on with my life seeking new thrills and opportunities. I went from the busy life of the Happy Valley of Utah to the chilled laid back life of Southern Virginia in a tiny town called Suffolk. Beach is close and all, but so is the raging south with all the southern accents, tasty grub and back woods hunting you can handle. Eh, I can get used to it. Big civilization is like 20 minutes away.

So ya, moved out here about one month ago now. I feel like in Utah I wasn't getting anything out of living there. I needed to be somewhere new. I watched the movie Big Fish the other day. I guess I felt like the main character. I was a big fish in a small pond and I had to get out. So I finished all my things in two weeks and moved. It was definitely hard and still is. I left a lot of good friends back there. At times, I feel like maybe I made the wrong decision. At times I know I made the right one. So is it better to go with the things we feel or the things we know?

All and all it's really not that bad out here. I start at my new job on monday. Little nervous I guess. I went to an open house for the job with about 44 other anxious job seekers. When we were all sat in a room, I looked around and noticed something. I wasn't in Utah anymore. One thing was I was definitely the only person that was apparent in the room with some asian background. Then something else clicked. I was the only white guy (well even my half wasn't good enough) in the room. This job will be an adventure in itself.

Well I am ready. I am ready for whatever life is headin my way. I wanted a change and I am getting what I am asking for. Oh... and as for the statement that virginia is for lovers? Well... I ain't seen none of that love yet... But still lookin.

No comments: